How can you apply to the HOUSTON Academy?
We are currently recruiting for the summer 2021 and fall 2021 semesters. To apply you must be in good academic standing (i.e. not on probation) and be able to commit to a minimum of 10 hours per week.
Students in the program will receive a $1,000 scholarship. Students will also have the opportunity to attend local and state conferences to present their projects. (Travel expenses will be covered by the HOUSTON Academy).
Interested? Please send the following materials to Dr. Daphne Hernandez at email@example.com
- Unofficial transcript (Minimum GPA of 2.8 required)
- Resume (***Include proficiency in languages aside from English***)
- 1-page personal statement describing:
- your career aspiration and
- how involvement in the HOUSTON Academy will help you reach your aspirations
- Please include which semester you are interested in participating (summer 2021, fall 2021, or both)
- Complete contact information (name, address, phone, and email) of 2-3 references. While references are not required to be faculty, it is recommended to have at least 1 faculty member listed.
Deadline to apply for summer 2021 or fall 2021 is Friday, April 2, 2021.